Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I Won a Blog Award!


I won my very first blog award from Anita at "It's A Sweet Thing"!  Thanks so much Anita.

Now, what I am supposed to do is tell you all 10 things about myself.  This is harder than it may sound, as essentially, I've always felt I'm not all that interesting.  It will take a bit to come up with 10. Hmmm....


1.  I lived in Okinawa for 3 1/2 years...and loved it!
2.  I have lived all over the US, specifically, in these states:  Minnesota, Washington, Wisconsin, Texas, Florida, and New Mexico.
3.  I believe in being prepared and emergency preparedness is very important to me.  I am currently working on a year supply of food/products.
4.  My hair is very, very grey.  Someone recently told me I should dye it and I was insulted they would even suggest that!  I like my grey hairs...I earned every one of them!
5.  I have so many interests that at times I feel overwhelmed wanting to do them all and often end up doing none.
6.  I have been on a diet and have lost 40 pounds so far...but have a ways to go to goal yet.
7.  I have two associates degrees: one in nursing, and one in technical communications.  I currently don't use either of these professionally, but I use the commnications one in my daily life.
8.  I feel passionately about the causes I become involved in; things like animal rights, children rights, ecological preservation and so forth.
9.  I have 3 adult children, 3 adult step-children, 9 grand kids (soon to be 10), 6 great-grand kids (soon to be 7), and love, love, love them grand and great-grand babies!!!
10. I am a happy person.  I have troubles like everyone else; I have times when I feel blue like eveyone else; but mostly I am happy.

PHEW!!!  That was really hard.

Thanks, again, Anita, for the award!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog