Monday, April 19, 2010

Earth Day 2010

Earth Day is a day designed to inspire awareness and appreciation for the Earth's environment. It was founded by U.S. Senator Gaylord Nelson as an environmental teach-in in 1970 and is celebrated in many countries every year.  In the US, April 22 is Earth Day. 

Many crafters observe Earth Day all year long with their "green" crafts.  Upcycling, repurposing, and reusing are the trends of the day, and good trends they are, too!   My favorite kind of crafts are the kind where you take something destined for the trash and find a cool thing to make from them.

In honor of Earth Day, I will post one such item...although it will be an item I made for Christmas.  I'm sorry that I don't have time right not to whip something up to share, but I do look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with for Earth Day.  Please share any links for cool things you find on the net that are in observence of Earth Day 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog