Saturday, February 27, 2010

Pillow from old shirt

A friend of mine found an old bowling shirt she had saved for many years.  She tried it on and it didn't fit anymore, but she hated to throw it away as it held good memories for her from when she lived in Okinawa, Japan.  I suggested we could make a pillow of it, and she was happy to let me try.  Here are the results:

First, I made a "body" from fabric and stuffed it.

I added a little "jewelry" to give it pizazz!
Then I dressed the body with her bowling shirt.



And finally, here is how the back of the shirt looks.



I didn't want to stuff the actual shirt, which I would have had to sew and modify.  This way if she doesn't like it she can still take her shirt off.  Also, if the shirt should get spilled on or dirty, she could undress the "body pillow", wash the shirt, and re-dress the body.

1 comment:

  1. Dee, you have the neatest ideas. I love this!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog